Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Elmwood Arts Festival

Looking northward on Elmwood Avenue 
We looked up how long the Elmwood Festival of the Arts has been running and found several sites that say this is the 16th year. But we both remember coming up on the bus from Fredonia this very weekend, 32 years ago, introducing our New York City classmates to a scant, but interesting art scene during a festival much like this one, albeit much smaller. We would love someone to let us know the true history. I so remeber my friend I brought up on the Trailways bus wondering at the day and asking if Buffalo is always like this? so busy and alive? 32 years ago I had to say that this day was a rare occurrance. 32 years later? Buffalo is on our way to becoming what my NYC friend would have wanted. We are vibrant, we are creative, and we are growing into the city we should have always been.

No comments:

Post a Comment